Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tzatziki Yummy

I'm really trying to be a good blogger, but I hadn't felt inspired to write about anything lately.  I guess it's because I've been spending every single second before school starts doing something that I won't be able to do once 7:30-6 something rolls around (school+coaching). However, today I went to the Race Street Pier, which I've done a couple of times throughout my residence in my new 'hood, and it totally made me at peace and relaxed and I felt the urge to blog. See below and you will understand :p

 
As far as this actual post, I'd like to talk about one of my all time favorite foods and the fact that I finally bought a food processor and can make my own! So for something that packs a punch of 23 grams of protein and only 130 calories in one serving, nothing really beats Fage Greek Yogurt (Total 0%). Nothing that is..unless you make it into Tzatziki Sauce.

All summer of been munching on pitas with either tzatziki or hummus and for whatever reason it finally dawned on me that clearly I wasn't a good cook if I haven't attempted to make my own. So I went out and got a basic Black and Decker food processor. I followed this recipe for Tzatziki Sauce and was very happy with my first results. However, I would advise, as some of the reviewers of this recipe do, if you are trying to create Tzatziki with a food processor I would suggest only processing the other ingredients and then folding them into the yogurt. I clearly was too excited to try out my processor for the first time to heed their warnings. I used the 17.6 oz Fage Total 0% and the taste was excellent. But, because I made the mistake of processing the yogurt, it was definitely runnier than I would have liked it. Even though it isn't the perfect consistentcy, the taste is impeccable and I now have a dipping sauce/spread packed with protein and yumminess. If you don't own a food processor get one, I double dog dare you. It's next use of course will be making hummus. <33

No comments: